America’s federal courts make rulings on nearly every issue important to Americans. Yet, political obstruction has blocked well-qualified, diverse judicial nominees from being confirmed to the bench.
Whether your senators are Democrats or Republicans, it’s important to let them know that federal courts matter and they should work to ensure President Obama’s qualified nominees receive fair consideration and a timely and simple yes or no vote in the Senate.
Join us and end the political obstruction that has blocked the nomination of these well-qualified, diverse judicial nominees. Take action today by signing our national petition, tweeting Why Courts Matter, or writing a letter to the editor.
Our federal courts make rulings on nearly every issue important to Nevadans. Federal judges receive lifetime appointments, yet the system for appointing federal judges, and the vacancy crisis in the federal courts, do not get the attention they deserve in our state.
It’s important to let Nevada Senators know that federal courts matter to Nevadans. They should work to ensure the President’s qualified nominees receive fair consideration and a timely and simple yes or no vote in the Senate.
Nevadans for Judicial Progress strive to accomplish these 5 goals:
1. Ensuring a fully staffed judiciary so justice is not delayed.
2. Bringing diversity of thought and background to our federal courts.
3. Keeping our judges accountable on the issues that matter to Nevadans.
4. Educating Nevadans on the importance of the courts in our day-to-day lives.
5. Uncovering procedural delays on judicial confirmation processes.